What can I expect on my first visit?
When you arrive, we’ll ask you to complete a general and dental health history form. This form is also available online if you would like to complete it ahead of time. You’ll then visit with one of our dental hygienists who will assess your dental and oral health with a comprehensive oral evaluation. During this time, we’ll also take digital X-rays of your teeth to identify any areas of concern.
What do I need to bring with me or prepare ahead of time for my visit?
- A list of any current medications and alert the staff to any allergies
- Any completed medical forms
- Insurance provider verification card
- Release of Medical Records
- Accounting of Disclosures
- Record Release to Patient
- Alternative Communications
- Web & Social Media Release Form
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Aviso de Prácticas de Privacidad
- Privacy Practice Consent Release Form
- Formulario de autorización de consentimiento de práctica de privacidad
Consider mentioning these topics during your appointment:
- Any current concerns and/or pain with your teeth
- Your goals regarding your smile, teeth and gums
- Future plans for treatment
What do I need to prepare if I am bringing my child for the first time?
It is our office policy that any child under the age of 18 be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Upon arrival, you will be asked to complete a patient registration form for your child. For your convenience, this can be done ahead of time by accessing our online form.
Beginning with your first visit, we make it our priority to ensure each child’s dental experience at Union Family Dental is as pleasurable as possible.
Union Family Dental is committed to helping you achieve the healthy, beautiful smile you want and deserve. We currently offer these payment options:
- Most major insurances, including Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Aetna, Delta, NC Health Choice and Medicaid
- In House Patient Dental Plans (Friendly Dental Plan)